18 Apr 2014

JG Shoes review | jgshoe.com



I’m only in my early 20’s so I didn’t expect marriage to come so soon. But it happened – and pretty fast. Yes, my friends are all (well, most are) getting married! So I had to prepare myself for their weddings and in the midst of my transition from being street-kid to professional working adult I noticed I didn’t have the proper repertoire of shoes to celebrate these important occasions. But what I love about the generation we’re in right now is that you can literally shop whenever you want via online! So that’s exactly what I did.

I have these strange in between sizes kind of feet which makes my hunt for heels that much more difficult. Sneakers, boots, flats, loafers and sandals are shoes I wear comfortably because these don’t really require strict fitting. But heels are a different story. I have seen how awkward some women walk with ill-fitting heels. They could be so beautiful from head to toe but when they walk stiffly limping side to side like a penguin, the sum of their whole look is a total wreck.

So in my difficult hunt I came across a website, jgshoe.com. At first I was sceptical about purchasing from there because I had seen an earlier website with the same content but a different domain name (ohmyheels.com).  This instantly raised a red flag. So I went and did my research and came across so many great reviews on the products which made me feel differently. I also found a blogger with a huge fanbase following who wrote about her experience purchasing from the website. She seemed pretty positive about the quality that it finally convinced me to purchase shoes from there. The most inviting thing about the shop was the fact they made customised shoes.


Yes. Customised. You’re probably thinking it’s expensive, which yes it is. But compared to other quality hand-made customised shoes, the price is pretty reasonable. Customised shoes are always a plus especially when you love a certain style of shoes which might be too high, too wide or narrow, in a material you don't like, missing something or just the wrong size. Get this petite girls, Jgshoe make shoes as small as 21cm. That's about a size 2! As well as the normal range of shoe sizes too. I got in touch with the site owner (Jeong) and inquired about these nude patent peep-toes and asked certain parts to be redesigned.


She replied instantly and her swift response reassured me that this website was legit.

From when I ordered to when I received it took only about 2 and a half weeks. It came earlier than expected which is always very pleasing. When I opened the box it reeked with glue. At first I was disgusted but then felt delighted at how authentic it was. At least from that I knew it really was hand-made. Jeong also supplied grips in case my feet moved around. I didn’t need it. She also provided a cushion pad (which was a really good quality one too) to stick at the back of the shoe in case it was a little too big. Here they are, they are a lot darker than the picture above which is a shade of nude I liked better :)


Overall I was a happy customer. Although purchasing custom made shoes is a little too pricey, it's one of those experiences someone has to go through at least once. I'm definitely not done purchasing shoes from there.



Peaces :) x